Guide to Purchasing a New Air Conditioner in Clearwater
Monday, August 18, 2014
When the summer months are upon you, you have two options. You can go outside and suffer through the horrible heat, or you can have a new air conditioner installed in your home.
When it comes to installing a new air conditioner in Clearwater, homeowners often have many questions including:
- How do I know when I need a new air conditioner?
- What type of air conditioner should I buy?
- Which brand is the best?
- Are there different features for air conditioners?
A professional Clearwater HVAC contractor will be able to answer these questions for you, but we will address some of these issues in this article
Signs That You Need to Replace the Existing Air Conditioner in Your Home
It isn’t always easy to tell when you need to repair your air conditioner, or if you should spend the extra money and have the entire system replaced. Sometimes replacing your air conditioner can be a more practical solution. Here are some signs that it is time for a new air conditioner:
- Your air conditioner repair is going to cost more than a replacement
- Your air conditioner is over 15 years old
- Your energy bills are going up
- Your air conditioner is no longer effectively cooling your house
Best Types of Air Conditioners
There are a number of different types of air conditioners for a home. When you are purchasing a new air conditioner for your home, you need to decide how large of an area you want to keep cool. If your entire home needs cooling a central air conditioner makes more sense. However, if a single room needs extra cooling, a portable air conditioner can be the solution.
- Central Air Conditioners – This is the most common type of built-in air conditioner that can be customized to fit your home. It circulates air through a system of air ducts to more than one room at a time.
- Ductless Air Conditioners or split system – A ductless air conditioner works very similar to a central air conditioner expect it doesn’t circuit air using ducts.
- Portable Air Conditioners – These air conditioners are designed to specifically cool one room at a time. It gives you the ability to control the temperature and humidity of one room in your house.
Air Conditioner Brands
When you are purchasing a new air conditioner, one thing you want to consider is the manufacture. While it is important to have a HVAC contractor you can trust to install your air conditioner, it is also important to trust your air conditioner’s manufacture. Here are some of the most popular and trustworthy name brands in air conditioning:
Air Conditioner Features:
Installing a new air conditioner gives you the chance to upgrade your entire cooling system. You can add more functional features that will make cooling your home easier and more affordable. Some of the most popular features to add to the air conditioner in your Clearwater home include:
- Programmable Thermostats
- Home Automation
- High Efficiency Air Filters
- UV Lights
- Timed Operations
- Noise Damping
- Energy Efficient Settings